Friends of the Zoo
The Friends of the Zoo is a non-profit organization which promotes and supports the Magnetic Hill Zoo and its programs in conservation, education, research, and recreation.
The Friends of the Zoo volunteers organize fundraising events at the Zoo throughout the year, including the Winter Openings, EcoFest, FunZOOla, Boo at the Zoo, and Wild Lights. All net profits from these events go directly to building improvements at the Zoo.
Over the past 30+ years, the Friends of the Zoo have paired generous donations from individuals and businesses with fundraising event ticket sales to raise over $3 million. This has financed the construction or renovation of many exhibits, most recently including new habitats for the Red-Necked wallabies, Squirrel monkeys, Red foxes, and Arctic wolves. The new Squirrel monkey project won the national Thomas R. Baines award for excellence in habitat design and development.
How you can help
- Make a financial donation via the Friends of the Zoo’s CanadaHelps.org webpage. CanadaHelps.org is an online giving platform and will provide a charitable receipt for all online donations.
- Buy a ticket and attend one of the Friends of the Zoo’s fundraising events mentioned above.
- Volunteer at the Zoo.
Volunteers are needed to assist with fundraisers. Volunteers do not work directly with the animals.
To volunteer, you must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- have a functional email address
- provide 2 references who can be contacted via email
- strive to be a good representative of the Magnetic Hill Zoo, Friends of the Zoo, and the City of Moncton