Plan your visit
The Magnetic Hill Zoo is Atlantic Canada’s leading zoo that educates and inspires conservation action. Please read the following information to plan your visit.
- The outdoor sections of the Zoo will be open to view the animals of temperate and subtropical climates.
- The animals will be available for viewing in the Ecodome, Imaginarium, and Container.
- Hot drinks and snacks will be available for purchase in the vending machines inside the Acadian Forest Bistro.
- The Acadian Forest Bistro’s hot food service will be open on the weekends.
- The playground and washrooms will be open.
- Wheelchairs and toddler cart rentals are available for rent upon arrival and on a first come, first served basis. Toddler carts are not recommended for children under 18 months of age.
- Pony rides will be available, weather permitting, for children ages 2-12 years on Thursdays to Mondays. The cost will be $7/ride.
- The following services / experiences are also closed until further notice:
- Face painting and temporary tattoos
- Daily zookeeper presentations
Visitors are required to:
- Follow New Brunswick Public Health guidelines,
- Practice good personal hygiene,
- Respect all safety barriers and signage,
- Refrain from smoking inside the Zoo,
- Treat the animals with respect,
- Refrain from feeding the animals.
Visitors are not permitted to bring their dogs into the Zoo. Service dogs, with current vaccinations and rabies tag visibly displayed on their collar, are permitted at the Zoo.