Dates & Hours
Dates: March 5, 12, 19, and 26 Hours: 11 am to 3 pm. All guests must exit by 3:45 pm.
- The outdoor Americas and Discovery sections of the Zoo will be open to view the winter hardy animals*
- The animals will be available for viewing in the Ecodome and the Imaginarium
- Maple products will be available for purchase from the Mobile Sugar Bush
- Hot drinks and snacks will be available for purchase in the vending machines inside the Acadian Forest Bistro
- Participate in an outdoor game called Zoo Word Scramble
- Coloring pages and crafts will be available in the Imaginarium
- The playground and washrooms will be open
- Sunday Winter Openings is an event held in collaboration with the Friends of the Zoo. The Friends of the Zoo is a non-profit volunteer organization which promotes and supports the Magnetic Hill Zoo and its programs. All net profits from this event goes directly to building improvements at the zoo.
- Complimentary tickets will be accepted.
- For last minute event changes or possible cancellations, visit our Facebook page.
- Although all our animals are always given access to their indoor quarters during below freezing temperatures, here is a list of animals that often choose to remain outdoors: horses, tiger, alpacas, otters, goats, donkeys, emu, wallaby, wolves, bears, peccaries, caribou, deer, condor, cougars, jaguars, red foxes, and squirrel monkeys. Please note that the Zoo does not guarantee if any of these animals will choose to be outdoors. Please note that the Zoo does not guarantee if any of these animals will choose to be outdoors.