Dates & Hours
Dates: March 3, 10, 17 and 24 Hours: 11 am to 3 pm. All guests must exit by 3:45 pm.
- Visitors can walk through the Americas and Discovery sections of the Zoo and view the winter hardy animals*.
- Visitors can warm up and view the animals in the Ecodome and the Imaginarium. Our squirrel monkeys are also viewable in their indoor habitat during winter months.
- Hot drinks and snacks will be available for purchase in the vending machines inside the Acadian Forest Bistro.
- Participate in an outdoor game called Zoo Word Scramble.
- Coloring pages and a community craft will be available in the Imaginarium.
- Sunday Winter Openings is an event held in collaboration with the Friends of the Zoo. The Friends of the Zoo is a non-profit volunteer organization which promotes and supports the Magnetic Hill Zoo and its programs. All net profits from this event goes directly to building improvements at the zoo.
- Complimentary tickets will be accepted.
- For last minute event changes or possible cancellations, visit our Facebook page.
- Although our animals are given the choice to access their indoor habitats during colder weather, there are many that choose to be outdoors! These include: our peccaries, bears, deer, alpaca, rheas, caribou, condor, cougars, jaguars, red foxes, tiger, otters, goats, donkey, emus, wolves and wallabies. Please note that the Zoo does not guarantee if any of these animals will choose to be outdoors during your visit.