Behind the scenes: Big Cats
Come learn about the fascinating world of tigers. Follow your guide to the behind the scenes area of the Amur Exhibit. It will be an experience that you’ll never forget!
• Complimentary water and juice
• An educational presentation about tigers, their endangered status, and how you can take action to help this incredible species
• A behind the scenes tour of the tiger building
• An up close viewing of the tiger
• A keeper presentation about the safety, care, and welfare of our tiger
• Interpretation of the tiger exhibit
• Admission to visit the rest of the zoo at your leisure after the experience
• May 14, 2022
• May 28, 2022
• June 12, 2022
Hours: 8:30 am to 10 am
Cost: $55 per person
- There will be up to 6 participants in the group.
- Group participants could include children, youth, and adults.
- Children must be at least 6 years of age and have the ability and willingness to listen, participate, and follow all safety instructions.
- Adult supervision is required for all children ages 6-17 years.
- One adult can be responsible for up to 2 children.
- All participants must follow the safety rules as set by the Zoo Staff. Failure to comply with these rules causing potential endangerment to themselves, other Zoo Staff, the general public, and the animals will result in immediate removal from the experience without refund.
- Participants will not have any physical contact with the tiger.
- This experience includes walking and standing for up to 60 minutes.
- During the experience, participants may be exposed to possible allergens, scents or other sensitivities, such as: hay, straw, wood shavings, peanuts, nuts, raw meat, and different animal scents.
- During the experience, all participants must wear closed toed and closed heeled shoes; and must spray the soles of their shoes with disinfectant prior to entry into the tiger building.
- During the experience, participants must be willing to wear a mask inside the tiger building when it is requested by the Animal Care staff.
- Adult supervision is required for all children ages 6-17 years and these adults must also register and purchase a ticket to the experience at the same time as registering their child.
- All reservations must be pre-registered and full payment is required at that time.
- No refunds will be given within 14 days of the experience date but exceptions will be made in the case of illness, unforeseen circumstances or if the experience is cancelled by the Zoo.
- Reservations are available online using your Visa or MasterCard.